Hoedspruit Area – Limpopo: Our client is looking for a Workshop manager to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Grade 12, Mechanical qualification would be advantageous.
- Basic knowledge of all types of welding and engines
- 5 years proven experience in the workshop environment.
- Experience in the fruit industry will be advantageous.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven applicable managerial experience.
- Plant and/or operational management of assets will be an added advantage.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong team building and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy
- Good administrative and communication skills
- Excellent people management skills and team orientated.
- Strong ability to take initiative.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
- Manage and develop maintenance team.
- Schedule and oversee the workshop staff.
- Increase the operational effectiveness, equipment availability and life cycle cost of machinery and equipment through preventative maintenance.
- Be responsible for procurement, workflow planning, execution of projects on time and within budget.
- Manage systems and processes that track and optimize productivity, standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Systematically monitor movement of farm vehicles using vehicle tracking software and develop reporting systems to improve productivities in the use of these vehicles.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Oversee the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and checklists for machinery. Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
- Produce written reports to the Agricultural manager in terms of maintenance actions and costs. Perform minor maintenance work, including maintenance and repair of machinery, other mechanical equipment, gates, roads, dams, pumps and vehicles.
- Diagnose and manage the technical repair and maintenance of all vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Management and motivation of all personnel under your control.
- Manage the procurement of all materials and goods as needed for this function.
- Record keeping on all services and breakdowns etc.
- Record keeping of workshop staff and measuring performance
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001698&preview=43252ec5ad1e02421e22980dbd9b1260