Kiryandongo Area- Western Uganda: Our client is looking for a Technical Supervisor to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- A Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Diploma in agriculture with 10years experience or related field from a reputable institution
- 3-5 years of experience running a large-scale commercial farm of over 1000ha
- Excellent leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Team management
- Ability to drive a car with a valid license
- Demonstrated experience in implementing cropping plans
- Experience with two seasons cropping in a year
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Managing over 2000ha of farmland and all the activities from planting to harvesting.
- Preparing work plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring employees understand expectations.
- Responsible for operational performance and meeting deadlines in line with the company’s plans and vision and communicating the same to subordinates.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Solving problems and making decisions independently and in line with company policies.
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives that sustain and improve organizational performance Monitoring employee productivity and providing continuous, constructive feedback and coaching and managing performance reviews for direct reports.
- Receiving complaints and resolving problems. Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa.
- Taking a lead role in reviewing of the company’s agronomic practices
- Managing the signing off of machines upon ensuring that they are in good mechanical condition e.g., planters, tractors, combine harvesters, sprayers etc and any other machinery during the off-season maintenance process and in advance of the commencement of the new season.
- Forecasting causes of major mechanical machinery breakdowns and communicating to the
- Farm Operations Manager or Level 4 Mechanics to plan for early procurement of spares.
- Training supervisees on preventative, planned and corrective maintenance of all farm equipment. Performing inventory control ensuring adequate levels of parts, equipment, and supplies. Developing, documenting, and training supervisees on Standard Operating Procedures as designated Periodically reporting on planned farm activities including among other things accomplishments, performance against targets and planned activities.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001564&preview=c7b84f4a0d5d8b36a3d347659c3f8232