Mumbwa Area – Zambia: Our client is looking for a Stores Supervisor to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
This position is for a SINGLE candidate
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Basic knowledge of workshop parts and farming inputs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physically fit and in good health
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Work with finance team to ensure all inventory is accounted for timely and accurately.
- Monthly inventory variances analysis.
- Ensure that the stock system is used accurately, bin cards, bin location and bar coding.
- To ensure that an adequate stock management system, planning and controls are in place.
- To maintain the stock control system
- Maintain all procedures (SOP’s) relating to the stores function, procurement and stock control
- To ensure that there are adequate security arrangements in place at the stores.
- To ensure that all stock is recorded on Sage Pastel in a systematic and orderly manner.
- To ensure that all stock has appropriate Bin Locations and that the locations are recorded correctly on Sage Pastel.
- To ensure that there are adequate storage arrangements in place for all stock held.
- To ensure that adequate and accurate stock records are in place.
- To ensure that all purchases take full account of Company’s’ purchasing and procurement policies and procedures.
- To ensure the risk of fraud and corruption is minimised.
- Prepare stock age analysis report and stock movement and present to management whenever requested (at least monthly).
- To ensure all goods received are captured in sage timely and accurately.
- To Ensure adherence to FIFO policy for inventory movements to ensure no loss due to stock becoming obsolete.
- Prepare and dispose of redundant assets in line with company policy.
- Ensure optimum stock levels at the warehouse to ensure no (over / under) stocking.
- Conduct periodic stock takes to ensure inventory validate both physically and on Sage.
- Fixed Asset Register clean up and Maintenance
- Monitoring of Fixed assets allocation, asset verification, tagging and classification
- Ensuring All fixed assets are recorded in the asset register
- Monitoring of Machine allocation and Machine usage – report on machine hours
- Monitoring of Fuel allocation and usage per each department and machinery – reporting on fuel usage.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Will be given a stores clerk to work with on a day-to-day basis.
- Will supervise the existing team to ensure the process to recapture the stock is efficient and cost effective.
- Stock will include all allocated containers where products are not stored in main warehouses.
- A Good Working Ethic is required, and a zero tolerance is required should any obstacles be encountered
- The labour allocated to the special functions e.g stock count will be determined by the team daily depending on need.
- A fair amount of computer literacy is required and finalising the records may need to happen in the evening after the physical stock is prepared
- Be able to operate / willing to learn Sage Evolution accounting package.
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures especially inventory management cycle
- Requires a “Hands on” individual with strict timelines in mind and a dedicated outcomes approach
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001100&preview=7a2236a8c6250d403f03b96f2579e79c