Queenstown Area – Eastern Cape: Our client requires a dairy manager (mid-management level) to join them and take ownership of one of their pasture-based farms
- Agricultural Diploma / Degree
- Minimum 5 – 8 years dairy farm management experience
- Dairy Management experience essential
- Minimum of 3 years pasture management experience
- Must be experienced and able to run a +1000 cow herd
- Rotary dairy experience essential
- Ability to motivate and work with a team
- Strong record of management skills
- Previous experience with Afikem essential
- Hard-working, deadline-driven, diligent
- Accurate, organised and demonstrates initiative
- Clean employment and criminal record
- Be prepared to work overtime
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Milking function – oversee and monitor milking, machine and tank washing and ensure the dairy management is operating
- Pasture – management of successful planting season through allocating, irrigating, farm cover, residual, soil and plant health
- Calf rearing and calving – successfully rearing calves and managing a calving season. Staff training, feeding, hygiene, growth rates, mortality rates and health
- Staff management – Hire/Fire, monitor and maintain staff management team. Motivate, discipline, train and ensure farm efficiency.
- Cow husbandry – cow comfort, condition, feeding, health, AI season, breeding results and stockmanship.
- Infrastructure and machinery – set maintenance schedules and oversee farm assets
- Financials – assists the operator with financial, physical budgeting and monthly profitability.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000188