Cape Town – WC: The successful candidate will provide support in managing compliance issues which includes leading the entities compliance efforts, designing, and implementing internal controls, policies, and procedures, to assure compliance with applicable statutory bodies.
- Relevant degree / diploma /certificates
- Min of 5 previous years in similar role
- Computer Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
List of Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Manage Bank account administration for the company and all its entities, in accordance with KAP Treasury Approvals Framework:
- Opening and closing of bank accounts
- Changing Signatories
- Maintaining User profiles on Online Banking platforms
- Arranging Guarantees, Remover of Goods in Bond registrations for SARS Customs & Excise, together with KAP Treasury department.
- Corporate cards for Travel and Execs.
- Identifying and assessing areas of significant business risk and drafting suitable audit programs to test controls
- Implementing best audit and business practices
- Recommendations on control gaps and weaknesses identified during reviews
- Regular visits to depots /regions, performing audits to ensure compliance to Head Office instructions, accounting controls, policies, and procedures.
- Reporting of all findings and tracking of issues raised from both KAP internal Audit and External audit reports and implementations thereof
- High level review of Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure compliance on treatment of all accounting disciplines
- Investigate and report on KAPREF matters (reported to KPMG Ethics line), together with Alternative Disclosure (AD) cases
- Quarterly Compliance Certificates for the company for the Audit & Risk Committee
- Annual Compliance Certificates for all entities (to be included in Board Meeting Packs)
- Drafting, amending and implementing company policies and procedures
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Liaising with external auditors at year-end audit on compliance related matters
- Collate tax updates on a quarterly basis from all UA entities and pass on to: (KAP Tax Manager) for final review
- Manage BBBEE function for the company, quarterly submissions to: (Head of BBBEE at KAP)
- Investigate and determine causes of irregularities and errors, including monitoring and follow up regarding reports from KAPREF ethics line and fraud
- Provide consultation and undertake assignments of a special nature including fraud investigations
- Board Meetings and AGM co-ordination
- Co-ordinate compilation of quarterly Audit and Risk Committee packs and Board Packs
- Maintaining Corporate Risk Register, which is updated on a Quarterly basis, together with input from Execs.
- Manage and maintain Conflict of Interest Register and ensures that declarations are requested every 2 years. Notifies CEO AND CFO of any irregularities that may require corrective action.
- Manage full insurance function for the company, including annual insurance declarations and renewals
Finance and Other
- Manage Supplier take-on and application process including terms and conditions
- Assist with half year / year-end Statutory Audit Packs on Finnivo
- Assist with Tax packs
- Stand in for In-Country FM’s where necessary
- Continuous support for all In-country FM’s
- Perform adhoc duties as directed
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to email@example.com or upload your CV to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000574&preview=7c18c62d7a35b3c480b1207c3ccf354e
UPLOAD CV >