Mashuma area – Zimbabwe: Our client is looking for a Project/Lodge Manager to start/build up a Game farm operation from scratch.
This project will be made up of two stages the build and then the operational management. We are either looking for a Project Manager/Lodge Manager to ultimately take on the GM role or for two different individuals depending on skill set and experience. Project Manager to build the lodge and then a GM to run it from an operational point of view.
The person appointed should be comfortable in a construction/maintenance role in order to project manage and then maintain the new build on an ongoing basis.
The person will also ultimately be working with high-net-worth international guests and needs to understand the nuances of this market.
Please note this position is situated in a very remote area.
- Formal Hospitality/Lodge/Project and/or Maintenance qualifications
- Experience in previous lodge builds and atleast 5-8 years lodge management experience
- Must be able to lead, direct, and support other team members
- This position requires resourcefulness and effective critical thinking, judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Start up experience, highly advantageous
The Build – this is a Greenfields project – we are literally starting from scratch with a clean palette. The architectural drawings are complete and the tents for the rooms have been manufactured. The central area is still outstanding but almost completed. The steel frameworks for the tents have been build and are in place. The first part of the job will be to set up the staff village and management housing for a management couple/person to be able to operate and complete the build.
- Manage the build process – identify key suppliers, monitor output and work to build the infrastructure of the camp
- Be in a position to give input into back of house, staff village and practical lodge operational requirements
- Be able to interpret the architectural drawings e.g windows, glass, plumbing, electrical, lighting plans etc
- Supplier management, quality control and time frames
- Logistical management of procuring equipment and where necessary moving items over the borders and managing the entire process
- A general understanding of mechanics in order to assist with the fleet management, generators – big jobs to be outsourced but being in a remote area the basic understanding is going to be vital
- Installation of solar power utilising a relevant and reputable supplier
- Installation of water plants utilising a relevant and reputable supplier
- Financial management of the budget, cash calls and reconciliations of work done
- Project time-line to be created and stuck to as closely as possible to get the build to finalisation.
- General understanding of lodge management and operating in remote areas.
- Build and construction experience
Phase Two: This is a parallel process as a lot of these items will need to be done during the period of the build to ensure we can open the doors 1 May 2022.
- Daily lodge operations and management
- Lodge administration and procurement and logistics thereof
- Financial budgets and controls
- Training existing staff and employing a lodge team. All HR management – setting up payroll, contracts, leave schedules etc
- Vehicle management
- Guest Relations
- Food & Beverage Management
- Maintenance of the lodge
- Health and safety
- Asset management
- Management of staff village
- Quality controls
- Marketing support
- All aspects of lodge management
- Self-motivated individual who will take the initiative and drive the project to completion
- Attention to detail – the finished product needs to be 100% perfect
- Individual with a sense of adventure and determination
- Motivator and someone happy to train and work with an existing team of people
- Hands-on manager – this project will require hard work and a person who is 100% hands on
- Passionate about the bush and the final product in line with the company’s philosophy and brand
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001045&preview=ae9863350b74595a59b212c0e65a5359