Aliwal North Area – Eastern Cape: Our client is looking for a Production Plant Manager to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree Industrial or Mechanical Engineer or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- Process management skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Deadline and target driven
- Experience leading, motivating and developing teams
- Knowledge of plant operations and production scheduling
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles preferred.
- HACCP knowledge will be advantageous
- Excellent English /Afrikaans communication; verbal, written and presentation skills. An African Language would be a plus
- Effective computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Preparing and managing department budgets.
- Technical problem solving.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Report writing
- Responsible for all aspects of the Processing Plant, Business Unit and Factory
- Initiate and lead continuous improvement activities within the Business Unit
- Develop and lead strategies and implementation plan to meet and exceed operational KPIs and goals
- Develop detail project plans, document and train associates on procedures, identify and implement process improvements using lean methodology
- Work closely with all departments, to ensure proper synchronization of production.
- Prepare department operating budgets, monitor and control expenditures.
- Proactively take corrective action to maintain optimum profitability and continuously reduce operational costs.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of product quality and yield outputs
- Regular reporting and presentation of departmental performance and status.
- Support the quality assurance department in consumer complaint investigations and implementation of corrective action.
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of the company rules, procedures, practices and operational processes and parameters associated with the Processing Business Unit
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices and maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained.
- Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times
- Manages and coordinates team supervisors towards the activities of production and operating workers, such as machine operators, forklift driver, sorters, packers, etc.
- Read and analyse production schedules and sales reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Demonstrate equipment operation and work and safety procedures to new employees or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service skills
- Willing to work both day and night shift as needed
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001242&preview=5e65bc9448d4d28dae4cb5452c094bea