Ixopo Area – KZN: Our client is looking for a Nursery Production Manager to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- BSC Agric qualification – preferably a relevant horticultural qualification
- Approx 5 years’ experience in horticulture – preferably working with greenhouses
- A passion for growing plants and a real desire to be a part of the nursery industry
- Prior experience in the seedling, vegetable or forestry industry is beneficial.
- Fluent in Zulu and English – Afrikaans a bonus
- Organised and proactive
- Excellent customer relations skills and a good team player
- Strong labour management ability
- Fair but firm with labour
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Cool under pressure
- Good health
- Hard working
- Computer literate with emails and excel particularly
- A high level of self-motivation and the ability to pay great attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of junior staff and a labour force of 100-120 people including task planning, training, discipline and related administrative tasks
- Customer liaison, follow up, extension and promotional events
- Logistics- management of drivers, maintenance of fleet, scheduling, loading of trucks, deliveries and stock control
- Overall management of production including seedling growth and fertilization, spraying operations, record keeping and seedling irrigation (water management)
- Procurement, record keeping and inventory control
- Maintenance of nursery infrastructure (including borehole and irrigation)
- Maintenance of general nursery hygiene
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
Please email your CV to email@example.com or CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001259&preview=ab47ba915794710e52e02bd6b5d4a52d