Kiryandongo Area – Western Uganda: Our client is looking for a Level 4 Technician to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Bachelors’/Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Certificate in Mechanical studies with 5 years’ experience or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Ability to service, diagnose and repair a range of agricultural machinery which may include tillage, planting, harvesting, spraying and irrigation equipment.
- electrical, hydraulic, engine and braking systems
- intake, exhaust and emission control systems
- mechanically and electronically controlled fuel systems
- clutches, transmissions, drive axles and final drive assemblies
- steering and suspension systems
- tires, wheels, ballasting devices, undercarriages and tracks
- air-conditioning and structural components and accessories
- tillage, planting and harvesting equipment
- spraying and irrigation agricultural systems
- Formal qualifications and/or apprenticeship in the above listed systems & methods including:
- Diesel engine repair certification
- Small engine repair certification
- Hydraulic systems repair certification
- Gas and arc welding certification
- Air conditioning, heating & electrical certification Strong working knowledge of workshop procedures & safety Digitally literate (able to work with MS Office & OEM diagnostic tools) Communication skills (able to communicate well cross culturally in a challenging environment
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Able to operate under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Excellent practical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Willing to work in a team
- Basic supervisory skills
- Computer literacy
- Time management skills
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Preparing defect lists and parts list for all the farm equipment and forwarding these to the procurement team immediately after the machines parking for offseason maintenance.
- Apprising the team of junior mechanics under you, training and encouraging them to improve on their mechanical skills.
- Sign-off (ensuring that the machine has left the workshop in good mechanical condition) planters, tractors, combines harvesters, sprayers and other machinery during the off-season maintenance process and in advance of the commencement of the new season.
- Forecasting issues that can cause breakdowns on a machine and communicate to the procurement team to start the process early.
- Advising management on professional options and modifications on machines that lead to cost savings to the company.
- Remaining physically present during work on the drivetrain related maintenances, engine cooling system and sprayer pumps including sign-off for the machines to resume work.
- Installing and signing-off of works for spares above $1000.
- Responsible for and signing off of machine hours’ services and following up to have these done on time for all machines/farm equipment as per the original equipment manufacturer’s requirements. Taking charge of all preventive, planned and corrective maintenance of farm equipment including staff training on the same.
- Assembling machines or mechanical components as per manufacturer’s manual.
- Developing, documenting Standard Operating Procedures and training farm staff
- Enforcing safety precautions on the team.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001565&preview=39b89afa6b6160426e59e06e23828187