Nelspruit Area – Mpumalanga: The Head of Finance South Africa is responsible for the overall management of finance department for the Company’s Fresh Produce division.
The responsibilities include managing the financial operations of the SA division, responsible for cash management and funding requirements, budget and forecast preparation and administration, routine financial reporting, governance and compliance, tax compliance and staff development.
The HOF is a key part of the senior management team and is expected to lead the development of financial processes across the business and support our growth in the South Africa.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience of which at least 3 years is at a senior management level.
- Experience in agricultural business, preferably sub-tropical tree crops.
Qualifications, experience & other requirements:
- Internationally recognized Accounting Qualification (CA, ACA, CIMA, CPA)
- Strong technical abilities and up to date knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards for Small and Medium Entities
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of Afrikaans and SiSwati is an added advantage
- Experience in the preparation and review of management accounts and the ability to critically analyse the financial information
- Experience in the preparation of year-end financial statements and managing annual external audits
- Experience of managing, training and developing staff
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments, internal audits and/or assessing internal controls
- Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to the company purpose, mission and values
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Excellent ICT skills including a good knowledge of MS Office, Qlikview and accounting software
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate financial reports/information.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the business administration (South Africa):
- Ensure the monthly management accounts and projections are completed.
- monitor and report cash flow and spend against budget and forecast cash scenarios
- prepare monthly and annual consolidated financial information and any specific investor/shareholder financial reports.
- produce annual budgets and quarterly financial forecasts.
- overall responsibility for financial audits and the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide advice on all financial and administration matters to senior management team.
- Ensure tax compliance across all Fresh Produce SA entities.
- Provide financial oversight and governance of Joint Ventures.
- Ensure governance and compliance with Company’s act and regulations.
- Provide leadership and development to the Finance Staff, build capacity to ensure procedures and policies are adhered to and effective management of staff and resources.
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of the Halls Fresh Produce Strategy. Provide financial analysis and support in development of the strategy.
- Continuously look at opportunities to bring efficiencies to the finance functions and business, example automation.
- Manage the quarterly SA Risk Review process and maintain the Risk Register.
- Conduct annual insurance reviews for all Fresh Produce SA entities.
Head Office Management
- Manage the corporate office including support staff, all repairs and maintenance excluding IT related projects.
- Responsible for the budget and internal recovery of all head office costs.
- Responsible for negotiation and approval of all long-term lease financing and hire purchase contracts.
- Work with the IT department to ensure all financial systems are operating efficiently and effectively as required.
Logistics / Procurement / Assets Management
- Oversee procurement and ensure that financial procedures and policies are followed to ensure transparency and value for money; supervise the control and management of stock.
- Responsible for review and maintenance of a fixed asset register.
- Identify and manage appropriate risk insurance for activities and Halls assets.
- In coordination with the HFP CEO and HFP CFO represent the company at a national level; to shareholders, growers, business partners and any other parties as required.
- Provide coverage for other senior management posts when needed and carry out any other responsibilities as requested by the HFP CEO/ HFP CFO.
- Represent the company in dealings with SARS as Public Officer, and main point of contact with financial auditors.
- Fresh Produce CEO and CFO
- Europe Finance Head
- Directors and Management
- Joint Venture partners
- Government departments,
- Banks, external auditors, and other service providers
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000581&preview=4a0cb441e6444d8663510b802819f8b8
UPLOAD CV >