Chingola Area – Zambia: Our client is looking for a Group General Manager – Agriculture to join the team.
The Group General Manager will oversee the effective, efficient operations of the farming business and the continued expansion of the group.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree, BSc Agri in Agriculture and or a business degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within an integrated agricultural business or similar.
- An excellent communicator at the highest level, you will already have an established, proven track record at senior management level and have significant experience in the areas of finance, business management, development and human resource management.
- Furthermore, you should display the innovative and business skills necessary to maintain and develop the business, to its maximum potential.
- A practical nature, well-developed human relations, assertiveness, and a high degree of self-motivation and energy are some of the personal traits sought.
- Ability to motivate and control a diverse team of employees.
- Ability to achieve excellent performance under pressure.
- Experience with the implementation and/or management of budgets and expansion plans.
- Ability to set and work towards targets.
- Ability to work alongside different organisations, both private and governmental to ensure the long-term growth and sustainability of the group and its operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitoring performance and productivity of managerial employees on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee daily operations of the business, to ensure efficiency and profitability.
- Monitor and ensure the adherence to, of pre-approved budgets and operational key performance indicators.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of an operational strategy designed to grow the businesses with detail for each department.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for the different divisions and the respective management teams.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers in the different divisions and on the different properties.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the company’s offerings to customers.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and advise upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the management employees in the different divisions and advise on areas that require improvement.
- Report key results to the Directors.
- Engage with Directors in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Implement the company’s development and expansion strategy, in line with agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Advise on opportunities for further expansion and diversification of the business.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.