Hoedspruit Area – Limpopo: Our client is looking for a General Manager to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- A relevant qualification (Degree/Diploma) in Agriculture, Business Management or related
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in strategic and general management role or a similar role with solid knowledge of the fruit production industry
COMPERENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent leadership and people management skills; practical experience in handling people at all levels and a strong record of achievement through building high performing teams.
- Positive work attitude with high energy level and strong motivational skills.
- Able to work in a highly innovative and collaborative space.
- Strong decision maker with excellent grasp of both the short and long-term macro/micro issues of business, operations (production/supply chain) and human relations interaction
- Multilevel negotiating and communication ability
- Can-do attitude and bottom-line achiever. Results driven and able to implement operationally
- The ability to plan and execute in a structured manner is essential
- Strong business acumen
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
Technical & Compliance
- Ensure accurate execution of Standard Operating Procedures on all levels of citrus and subtropical production
- Timely capturing, evaluation and reporting of key data related to production
- Oversee that all production teams are adequately equipped, deployed and that data available is accurate for decision making
- Oversee that Health & Safety is maintained in all production units
- Oversee Compliance certification
- Development of annual budgets for operational and capital expenditure
- Motivation of expenditures against desired and anticipated outcomes
- Execution of operating procedures and production plans within budget
- Ensure all expenditure well monitored for the best interest of the Business
Strategic Direction and Continuous Improvement
- Identification of cost optimization procedures and methods
- Measurement and continual improvement of labour productivity
- Strategic interventions to improve financial return to farms
- Inputs towards development and expansion plans, programs, and budgets
Manage Performance and Development of Employees
- Implementation of strong organizational structure
- Identification of future supervisors and managers, invest in training and development initiatives
- Train, equip and coach managers
- Performance Management-measure and review performance with managers against set objectives and assist managers with goals and focus areas
- Measurement and regular feedback sessions with managers
- Fostering a healthy teamwork environment
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Oversee HR and Labour Relations
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001649&preview=87d2fbc28fd6f80a799936ee29cc8b17