Ado-Ekiti Area, Ekiti State – Nigeria: Our client is looking for a General Manager – Farming to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
Due to the remote location of the farm this position would be best suited to a single person.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in large-scale farming operations, with a minimum of 5 years in a management or leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of crop production, farm management, and agricultural best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and farm management software.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and team management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Commitment to ethical behaviour and environmental sustainability.
- Proactive and solution-focused, with a dedication to continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Analytical Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Fostering Innovation
- Result Oriented
- People Related
- Establishing Focus
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Motivating /Influencing Others
- Managing Performance
- Developing Others
- Fostering Teamwork
- Empowering Others
- Managing Change
- Customer Focus
- Self Related
- Stress Management
- Personal Credibility
- Planning and Organizing
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Cropping Protocols and Long-term Planning
- Activity and Resource Planning
- Management Tools Development and Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Process, Procedure, and Policy Development
- Trial Plots and Input Supplier Management
- Forestry Strategy and Land Management
- Stakeholder Relations and Community Engagement
- Maintenance and Asset Management
- Expansion Planning
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001588&preview=18a6c7462ee7c1c168cd130b78f7a297