United States of America – USA: Currently recruiting.
These opportunities provide our successful applicants with the prospect of earning US Dollars, boosting their CV’s, experiencing farm life abroad and travelling at the same time. Farm Work USA will market your CV to USA farmers and guide applicants in terms of the necessary documentation to enter the USA.
- You must be between the age of 21 to 55.
- Your Passport must be valid for 6 months after your contract ends.
- The USA H-2A Visa is required. This Visa is a temporary agricultural visa for non-immigrants which allows foreign nationals to enter the US to carry out agricultural work/services on a temporary basis. It is valid for 10 months. We guide you on how to obtain this.
- The contracts are usually between 2 and 10 months. Starting in March/April and returning early in December of each year. Many farmers recruit in December for the March/April intake.
- There is also a September/October intake of each year for a few months.
- Payment is in US Dollars and paid per hour. Overtime is paid at normal time.
- Estimated Cost : R28,000 including Return Flights, Visa and Travel Insurance. The USA H-2A legislation stipulates that the Travel and Visa costs are to be refunded by the USA farmer to the employee on arrival. These arrangements are made between the farmer and the employee. You will need to have enough spending money for the first week or two after arrival.
- Farm Work USA has partnered a reputable travel agent with over 30 years’ experience who will assist with all travel arrangements including travel insurance and any other documentation required to enter the US. They also facilitate group arrivals by seasonal workers. The employer picks you up from the US airport.
- In the case to Tractor Grain Truck Drivers, some (not all) farmers require that the employee is able to do general servicing and maintenance.
- In the case of Truck Driver and any other heavy machinery. Code 14 Drivers License is required.
- Interviews with the farmers will be arranged between yourself and the farmer by Farm Work USA.
- Previous experience working on a farm is advantageous.
- All Covid regulations by the USA at the time apply.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted and sent a detailed job application form which needs to be completed.
Or upload your CV to this specific position via https://farmmanagersa.co.za/farm-work-usa/