Mpongwe Area -Zambia: Our client is looking for an Operations Manager – Flour Milling to join the team.
This is a start-up and the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, implementing and monitoring of the entire milling side of the business to ensure optimal production.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Milling Science or in a related food manufacturing or operations field is preferred.
- Additional qualification in business management or admin advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a flour milling environment is preferred.
- Previous experience in a Senior Technical management position
- PCQI certificate required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
- Ability to maintain open communication with both internal and external customers.
- Computer Literate – Microsoft office software, internet and other computer software
- Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and the ability to problem solve.
- Valid drivers license
- Valid passport
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans.
- Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events
- Must be fit and healthy
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Directs and leads the mill department to ensure compliance with all food safety regulations including GMP’s, HACCP, effective housekeeping and sanitation practices, and all applicable BRC programs and documentation.
- Ensures that all personnel in the milling department are fully trained and follow all employee safety policies, programs, and procedures as outlined in the company’s corporate EHS program.
- Drives unscheduled mill downtime towards zero by maintaining adequate equipment parts and supplies.
- Collaborates with the maintenance department to effectively plan mill repair activities, and by focusing on preventative and predictive maintenance activities.
- Continually improves on the mill yield, extraction, and capacity performance.
- Effectively leads team to deliver outstanding results by establishing clear and measurable expectations for all mill department employees to ensure alignment and accountability.
- The Head Miller is accountable for the overall quality and functionality of the finished flour product that is produced by the mill daily.
- This position must effectively work with the quality department (and with all other department), to ensure that high quality and consistency is achieved.
- Other duties may be assigned
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted