Cape Town – Western Cape. An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre and forward-looking Fixed Assets Manager to conduct and analyse all fixed assets requirements and to provide assistance in the budgeting/forecasting arena within this international company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or higher with up to date IFRS knowledge.
- Min of 5 years previous experience in a management position, with experience in a Fixed Assets environment, budgeting and forecast and Reporting environment
- Computer Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintain a system of controls, procedures, and forms for fixed assets.
- Review and improve the workflow of the current Capex application process.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets (knowledgeable in application of IFRS is a requirement)
- Change management and process improvement/automation projects for Fixed assets
- Review of all fixed asset reconciliations performed by the various entities.
- Perform reasonability tests on depreciation values for all fixed assets, which includes monitoring of useful life and residual values, as well as projecting depreciation values and capital expenditure for forecasting purposes.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Perform impairment reviews on the fixed assets.
- Oversee and review fixed asset verifications performed.
- Perform various analyses and writing of reports related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Review audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare/review tax schedules on fixed assets for tax returns.
- Manage Capex expenditure against approved budgets and management authorizations.
- Monitoring of fleet utilization to ensure it is at optimal levels
- Management and control of the strategic fleet.
- Assist with annual Budget preparations and monthly forecasting projections of all Fixed Asset related matters. This will include the monitoring thereof and providing assistance to the Budgeting and Forecasting Financial Controller as required.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000565&preview=0322874bd7ce645ca42a843e300cc415
UPLOAD CV >