Nelspruit – Mpumalanga: Our client is looking for a Farm Operations Manager to join the team.
The Farm Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Farm Management of the farm in line with the company’s Purpose and Values, developing a core management team and growing produce to meet strategy and business objectives. Ensuring that nurturing initiatives of community and land are a part of daily business.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- A suitable tertiary qualification in Agriculture.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position – depth of horticultural knowledge of avocados/macs is beneficial
- Building and leading a strong team of value contributing employees
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- General management of the financial running of the business entity
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Excel & Word
- Business Strategy and implementation development proposals to the board.
- Valid driver’s license.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Management of orchard production (>500ha): Avos, litchis and pecans according to strategic plan, production plan, financial plan and budgets including coach, guide and lead the farms’production team to ensure optimal practices for irrigation, fertilization, crop protection, soil health, pruning, harvesting and transport of produce, maintenance and repairs of vehicles and machinery.
- Environmental management to ensure farming practices do not negatively impact the sustainability of the natural resources.
- Efficiency improvements in production systems through technology adoption, Internet of Things and digitisation.
- Employee management for optimal productivity and value contribution including adherence to all relevant legislation and compliance bodies, health and welfare, training and development.
- Employee relations in accordance with HR policies and procedures as well as legislation.
- Industry and Global accreditations – SIZA, Rain Forest Alliance, Global Gap, Field to Fork.
- Financial Management of farm including financial planning around production costs, P&L and budget adherence.
- Oversee integrated pest management, vehicle maintenance and crop harvesting.
- Project management / establishment of new orchards (300ha avocado and 300ha macadamia).
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000757&preview=8735df88410a1bdd279e210a56f764f9