Malgas/ Swellendam Area – Western Cape: Our client is looking for a Farm Manager to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
This vacancy is based in a remote location.
- Agri Diploma/Degree highly advantageous
- Min of 2 years previous olive farm management experience
- Min of 2 years of irrigation farming experience
- Proven maintenance/experience with computerized drip irrigation and fertigation.
- Computer literate
- Proven experience planting of olive trees
- Hands on, pro-active, self-starting personality
- Maintenance orientated
- Must be accustomed to living in a remote area
- Valid drivers’ license
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Irrigation – schedule and maintenance of computerized irrigation system including water monitoring, fertigation and maintenance of the system and water resource
- Daily management and planning of farm staff duties for approximately 20 employees
- Oversee general health of orchids including spray programmes and pruning
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted