Catuane Area, Maputo Province – Mozambique: Our client is looking for a Farm Manager to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
This position is in remote area with no schools in the area.
The successful candidate would have home school their children.
- Agricultural Diploma/Degree advantageous
- Min of 3 years previous farm management experience
- Strong management and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, honest
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Must be well-organised with great leadership qualities
- Ability to speak Zulu, Swazi or Portuguese
- Computer literate
- Mechanically orientated
- Valid drivers license with own vehicle
- Farming of the tomato section, which will include all aspects, from land preparation, planting, ordering of fertilizer and chemicals as well as the application there off
- Assisting with respective crops on the farm such as macadamias and sugar beans
- Overseeing security
- Ensuring the employees are fulfilling their daily tasks
- Working with irrigation and irrigation schedules
- Keep record of all chemical and fertilizer applications
- Daily planning meetings with management and there after ensuring that daily tasks are met and also doing the necessary reporting
- Effective planning and reporting together with a pro-active attitude to solve problems and logistical challenges is important.
- Your attitude to strive to keep on assisting with improving on the farm is of the upmost importance
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001167&preview=ec1b7c530341d822dfe17f1bdac49424