Dalton area – KwaZulu Natal: Our client is looking for a Cane Farm Manager (Poultry & Cattle to join the team.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Agricultural Degree / Diploma advantageous
- Min of 2 years previous farm management experience with the following points:
- Cropping (all aspects) – sugar cane
- Livestock – Poultry & Cattle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to speak Zulu
- Maintenance orientated
- Valid driver’s license
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee all aspects of the farming operation, with a focus on the sugar cane operation.
- Planning the day’s work and then setting up of workers, drivers etc., ensuring that all employees have sufficient work for the day ahead.
- Setting up tasks for various workers
- Burning sugar cane, supervising loading and can haulage
- Calibrating sprayers, fertilizer applicators etc., making sure all fields have been sprayed/fertilized
- Checking of tasks for the day
- Soil sampling, ordering fertilizer
- Supervising the planting and hand weeding labour
- Keeping accurate records of all cane operations
- Assist in other aspects of the farm
- Assist with the cattle:
- Dipping, de-horning, vaccinating, tending to sick animals etc.
- Assist in poultry:
- Vaccinating, moving of flocks, depleting of flocks, house set up and general house maintenance
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
Upload your CV to this specific CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001605&preview=8a72507cae2ab45f7a6602c15d215cfc