Kinora Area, Prince Edward Island – Canada: Our client is looking for a Farm Equipment Operator to join the team.
This is a permanent position, and the immigration process can take up to 8 -10 months.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- High school / Matric certificate essential
- College certificate or specialized courses related to farming preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience on a vegetable farm
- Experience operating & maintaining farm equipment required
- Planting, spraying, irrigation & harvesting experience required
- Valid 3A truck license required
- Forklift license preferred.
- Some knowledge of agronomy required
- Mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of GPS and various monitors required
- Welding capabilities
KEY SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
- Able to operate farm equipment & implements
- Ability to adapt to new agricultural technologies
- Mechanically inclined
- Team player
- Detail-oriented, dependable & persistent
- Effective time management: ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with fellow employees, suppliers, visitors etc.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to adapt to the changes of the day
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Operate farm equipment and machinery to till soil, plant, irrigate, spray, cultivate and harvest crops, and load and unload crops or containers of materials
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Perform equipment and machinery maintenance
- Monitor equipment and machinery operations to detect malfunctions
- Repair farm machinery so it cultivates, harvests, and hauls crops
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications 7.
- Attach components and adjust new farm equipment
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a clean working environment
- Maintain farm facilities, such as water pipes, hoses, fences, and warehouses
- Perform general farm duties
- Adapt duties to the weather conditions.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001644&preview=00a7c5b92acf822ce1ae2ed1203ec2e5