Nelspruit Area – Mpumalanga: Our client operates a commercial avocado and litchi Packhouse and seeks to appoint a Packhouse Manager with suitable qualifications and experience in technologically advanced sub-tropical fruit packing. This is an EE vacancy
The primary focus of the Packhouse Manager will be to lead the Packhouse team and the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that packing operations meet world class standards in food safety, productivity, whole asset lifecycle management and ensuring that fruit is packed and graded strictly in accordance with customer specifications.
The role requires an innovative mind-set to enable implementation of cutting-edge best practice in packing. The incumbent will be required to lead and successfully coordinate all activities of the avocado and litchi packhouses in line with technical advances implemented in operations.
While fostering an environment of performance excellence the Packhouse Manager will be required to meet overall business strategic objectives.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Agriculture, Technology, or similar. Technological, numerical and inductive reasoning is critical for this role to be able to lead the technological advancement of the Packhouse equipment and operating systems.
- Five years’ experience at a Management level with well-developed financial, human resources, packing systems, food safety and leadership skills in a high-tech packing operation (avos and litchis preferred).
- Detailed understanding Food Safety Systems.
- Demonstrated leadership track record with a large team.
- Track record of success in technically advanced sub-tropical packing operations.
- Self-motivated, with high standard of excellence and attention to detail.
- Ability to:
- Think analytically and problem solve effectively within a packing environment
- Create a motivating environment to ensure the delivery by the packing team
- Lead a team to deliver on agreed plans and goals
- Build strong collaborative relationships with employee team and management team
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously (Must be able to function under pressure)
- Use technology as a tool for smarter decision-making
- Demonstrate high integrity
- Practical knowledge of Intermediate to Advanced MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) is essential.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Develop and implement a Packing Plan to align with forecasted fruit volumes to achieve budget throughput, revenue and cost targets.
- In collaboration with the Packing Operations team, implement innovative processes in line with latest technology improvements to ensure best packing practice to deliver on time, quality and cost.
- Program numerous quality standards into the electronic Vision Scan system to maintain high degree of consistency in fruit grading.
- Manage, motivate and develop a large team of Packing Operations personnel.
- Monitor processes and controls to ensure consistent output and product quality is achieved.
- Manage compliance of packing regulations, health and safety and all other relevant legislative requirements.
- Maintain and improve Packing Operations Management Systems and ensure equipment whole asset lifecycle management.
- Monitor packing metrics against goals and continually drive performance improvement.
- As part of the Packing Operations team ensure scheduling and logistics to ensure expectations are realised and met.
- Ensure excellent communication and be a part of a team-based approach within the packing function to deliver sustainable results.
- Proactively contribute to improve the company value proposition to meet and exceed the customer’s needs and maximise returns for supplying out-growers.
- Understand your role in the supply chain and deliver accordingly.
- Manage Food Safety Systems and take responsibility for compliance of information and systems required for various accreditations (for example BRC, RFA, GlobalGap).
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to email@example.com or upload to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000568&preview=dfd0584654acd232412592eb1395be7e
UPLOAD CV >