Aliwal North area – Eastern Cape: The diesel mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all agricultural farm equipment, with a focus on harvesters, planters and tractors.
Job duties include performing routine maintenance on the farm equipment, diagnosing problems with failing machinery, and replacing worn out parts.
- Grade 12 or NQF4
- Trade Tested Diesel Mechanic qualification
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ post trade practical experience within a similar environment
- Sound knowledge of Agricultural Equipment and on mechanical machinery operation and maintenance.
- Sound hydraulic experience.
- Knowledge of gear pump manufacturing
- Welding advantageous.
- Ability to diagnose faults, strips and re-assemble machines without supervision
- Valid Driver’s License EB1
- Clear criminal record
- English & Afrikaans proficient – Xhosa will be highly beneficial
- Constantly adding value to the current functions of the position
- Thorough, precise and accurate
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Service, repair and overhaul the mechanical parts of agricultural equipment and vehicles
- Ensure that all work sheets for services rendered, are done according to RW policies and procedures
- Comply with all Health and Safety standards
- Correctly complete all guarantee claims and claims information
- Train and mentor all relevant personnel regarding RW Maintenance department policies and procedures
- Ability to motivate and work with staff essential
- Strong management skills essential
- Stock control and reporting
- Ensure that parts are bought and sourced at the most competitive prices
- Ensure that work done by 3rd parties on vehicles is necessary and appropriately priced
- Ensure that essential spare parts are always on hand
- Have the ability to plan and record parts inventories
- Continuous liaison with internal departments, suppliers and clients
- Daily adhoc duties as required
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000998&preview=4541b9114e383058aa8d88a54f89c12b