Piet Retief Area – Mpumalanga: The successful candidate will manage preventative maintenance programs and ensure proper and safe operation of processing equipment is adhered to in this dairy processing plant
- Trade tested and qualified as a Technician (Mechanical and/or Electrical, Instrumentation).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (post apprenticeship) in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation maintenance in a FMCG environment.
- Proven relevant PLC knowledge to facilitate fault finding, advantageous
- Must be self-motivated with good planning, organizing, communication and admin skills.
- Basic Dairy knowledge will be an advantage.
- Must be willing to work shifts, weekends, and overtime.
- Must be able to maintain the equipment within the laid down budget and quality parameters.
- Knowledge of relevant dairy product manufacturing equipment will be advantageous.
- Recommended N4 qualification or equivalent qualification, advantageous Specialization (Instrumentation):
- Assist with maintenance of PLCs and automation work of the plant and its equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the assembly, installation, alteration, repair and testing, as well as fault diagnosis of machinery parts and other equipment. This covers both the electrical/electronic and mechanical work.
- Ensuring that the plant is up and running and repaired promptly to ensure that production plans are achieved.
- Develop and test machinery and equipment to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, nature of technical problem and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Interpret P&ID (electrical and/or mechanical) for problem solving and suggesting alterations / improvements.
- Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as plant equipment and machinery, power equipment, servo systems, machine tools and measuring instruments.
- Analyze indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications. Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Work shifts so as to provide immediate support to production in the event of a breakdown
- Must be able to work under pressure as the engineering team provides an integral service to production, prompt response to breakdowns is crucial.
- Must uphold high engineering standards.
- Must comply with safety standards as laid down in the OSHACT and any additional site safety policies and procedures.
- Must comply with company hygiene rule, HACCP standards and procedures. • Must have unquestionable fault-finding ability and techniques.
- Computer literate
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000547&preview=4154b2177336e245d1a50afef61e21cb
UPLOAD CV >