Fort Beaufort – EC: The fruit needs to be planted, fertilized, irrigated, pruned, sprayed & cared for which makes for intensive farming and requires an experienced manager
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, or equivalent not necessarily a requirement depending on experience in the field of Citrus farming.
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Computer literacy essential
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience essential.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Farm Manager Responsibilities:
- Analyzing existing operations and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Collect soil & leaf samples for testing.
- Ensuring fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare fertilizers & spray record keeping.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted