Can Tho Area – Vietnam: Our client seeks to employ an experienced Citrus Farm Manager with a successful track record with managing conventional and preferably organic citrus farms.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree agronomy or horticulture
- A minimum of five years’ work experience within the citrus sector as agronomist, farm manager, or extensionist
- Practical experience with conventional and organic citrus production systems
- Able to develop and implement successful extension systems
- Experience in setting up, monitoring, analyzing and reporting upon applied trials
- A pioneer who enjoys being part of a young, dynamic, and fast-growing company in one of the most rapidly developing countries in the world
- Result-driven and passionate for excellence
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Setup a citrus demo and R&D farm, one for organic citrus and one for conventional citrus, which can be used to demonstrate and train our smallholder contract farmers
- Develop best farming practices which will increase the productivity and profitability of local citrus orchards, compliant with international standards and quality specifications.
- Create training programs for every aspect of conventional and organic citrus farming for both farmers and our agronomists
- Train our extension team to successfully introduce improved farming practices to our contract farmers
- Develop monitoring and feedback systems to track the performance of farmers and the extension team, and use these (quantitative) data to benchmark farmers and our staff to improve their performance
- Develop a (demo) citrus nursery which will provide our contract farmers with healthy fruit tree seedlings, which are productive and free of diseases.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001744&preview=a7a18c7a11db45218b020e57a8b1399e