Lichtenburg Area – North West, then Limpopo: Our client is looking for an Assistant Farm Manager to join the team.
Training of the successful candidate will happen in the Lichtenburg Area, North West (roughly 4 months) whereafter you could be relocated to Limpopo.
Only candidates with the relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum requirement is 3-year Diploma/Degree in Agriculture
- At least 3 – 5 years farm management experience of a crop farm
- Valid Code EB Drivers license
- Preference will be given to those with potato and/or vegetable farming experience
- Suitable and farm machinery experience (maintenance and operational)
- Experience in regenerative agricultural practices
- Excellent people skills
- Candidate must be safety conscious and have good supervising skills and work well under pressure He or She must be able to execute jobs independent and have good communication skills
- Computer literate (MS Office
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervise all farming operations.
- Provide development and leadership support to direct reports in order to achieve departmental and employee objectives.
- Ensure farm activities and personnel comply with safety regulation.
- Ensure operational costs are kept within budget for monthly until financial year end.
- Drive Operations to ensure yield and quality specifications are met
- Ensure that all pesticide, fertilizer, rainfall, irrigation, and diesel usage records are recorded and reported.
- Ensure that all other farm related records are recorded accordingly
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM001620&preview=eed25addf7eb9a0d992952e4b6e737e6