Johannesburg – Gauteng: This role will interact with farming organisations externally, as well as internal stakeholders and requires international travel for the successful candidate. This is an EE (employment equity) vacancy
Currently the farms work with a number of farming organisations across Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique and South Africa to grow exclusive crops for our client.
The successful candidate will be working with the Farms Programme Manager to support this structure, communicate regularly and be a liaison with other departments.
They will be co-ordinating and managing all farms across Southern Africa supplying a range of products to the company with everything from food safety to intellectual property, brand heritage and socio-economic impact monitoring.
- Degree educated (preferably agriculture, food science or finance/commerce) with a farming, agriculture or technologist background essential.
- Understanding of GAP, Food Safety Management systems, including HACCP, BRC and/or other food safety management systems (essential).
- Previous experience of farming practice is preferred
Key competencies & qualities:
- A strong interest in working in a Purpose lead environment, with a passion for food and getting great products into production safely.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with ability to influence others using relevant information, assertiveness and logical argument
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage multiple tasks and deliver projects and programmes through to completion, without missing a beat.
- Adapt when required to changing priorities and work calmly, positively and effectively under pressure
- An ambassador for the company, you’ll build warm rapport and relationships with our partners, whilst staying meticulous and assertive to ensure KPIs are met
- Flexible and adaptable in the approach to daily tasks, with a willingness to “muck in” when required
- Comfortable working with incomplete information or where there is ambiguity
- Motivated to work independently and take ownership of a task, whilst being a key contributor to a highly efficient team
Food safety standards & quality control
- Ensuring country specific food safety standards projects are met
- Product specifications (microbial, chemical, pesticides, color, Azodyes, moisture, HPLC SHU) are understood and met
- Consistency of product
- QA policies understood
Monitor digital tracking platform
- Training of FEO’s
- Technical support
- Research and trial design
- Advancement of exclusivity agreement
Supply demand planning and tracking
- Specific regional production planning and tracking
- If required, help structure and submit application for finance for farming organisations
Management of company’s IP chain
- Overall control of side-selling
Socio-economic impact monitoring and baseline studies
- Be part of company architectural design selection, logistics and execution (training and preparation)
- Cyclical development and crop rotation detail
Advance and manage further vertical integration into raw materials
- Seed development
- Economic modeling
Brand immersion trips
- Facilitate and host brand building/heritage tours and develop farm experience
- Bridging the gap between brand provenance and broader company business
- Demonstrating the purpose driven work to the broader business community
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000658&preview=33cd4587b21d9a07ef1f61a9f56ee16d or upload your CV to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.zaUPLOAD CV >